From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 07:37:48

Paul A Bristow wrote:

> [...]

Well, I would expect that before changing random jam file, the person
changing it would at least glance docs about syntax. Which happen
to mention the 'spaces' issues right away, with big red sign:

        http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced.html#bbv2.advanced.jam_language

user-config.jam is special in that it's necessary to edit it even if you don't want
to use boost.build proper, so I've just added various comments to
tools/build/v2/user-config.jam

Would you check if that's better?

> Well - at the very least user-config.jam,
>
> and preferably boost-build docs

The spaces issue is already documented. I have an action item to clarify '\' issue.

> and getting started too ;-)

I'm not sure that's good idea -- it would be better to refer to boost.build docs.

- Volodya