From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 09:02:17

Peter Dimov wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>> Do you regularly debug C++ Boost?
>
> It doesn't matter. One typical use case is include a Boost header, wait
> for the linker error calling for a missing
> libboost_foo-vc80-mt-whatever.lib, then somehow figure out a way to build
> it. If the autolink code selects a debug library, this is what the user
> needs, regardless of whether he intends to debug into Boost.

As I say in another email, I don't know what's sane for Windows.
I think I do know what's sane for Linux though, and that's MT, shared, release.

> On a related note, the obvious way to build
> libboost_foo-vc80-mt-whatever.lib:
>
> bjam libboost_foo-vc80-mt-whatever.lib
>
> didn't work last I tried it.

Did you do that in libs/foo/build? Or from
top-level? The latter is not supposed to work,
although it's probably possible to implement -- can you file an issue?

- Volodya