From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-26 21:18:33

I am wondering why does error_code.hpp include <winerror.h>?

All it does is translate the error codes defined in <winerror.h> to a
enum values defined in error_code.hpp; however this enum is
windows-specific anyway and the user can't use it without
<winerror.h>. So, why not leave it up to the user to include
<winerror.h> if they care about those values to begin with?

My problem is that I get a compile error under Windows, because I
(indirectly) include error_code.hpp in my own cpp that is supposed to
be platform-independent, and as such it does not see the platform SDK.

Emil Dotchevski