From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-27 04:07:00

Emil Dotchevski wrote:

> I'm using boost-build to build my own code as well as any Boost
> libraries I link to.
>
> At the end of this message is an example log I'm getting, every time I
> build anything. Note, I am not even using boost regex or boost thread
> in this case.
>
> Is there justification for all this garbage?

In short: https://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/boost.build/ticket/106

In long: now, 'use-project' loads the Jamfile at the specified
directory. So, loading C++ Boost's Jamroot causes Jamfiles for all libraries
to be loaded, and warning to be emitted. There are two possible solutions:

        - Modify those Jamfiles to only emit warning when targets
        are actually used.
        - Modify use-project to load Jamfile only when necessary

The latter change is what is currently planned.

- Volodya