From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-28 00:53:35

Actually, there is no move emulation in Boost.Variant. It has that
appearance though because it was written with move semantics in mind,
i.e., there are hooks there to take advantage of (no-throw) moving
should it become available.

The code in the sandbox that Ion mentioned was my (aborted) attempt to
provide emulation. Compared to my implementation, I think what Dave
Abrahams has implemented
(http://boost.cvs.sourceforge.net/boost-sandbox/boost-sandbox/boost/move.hpp)
is better. I don't know how it compares to the implementation in the
new threads library, though.

Eric

P.S. Does anyone know why is it that my changes appear in SVN and not
Dave's? When were the contents imported from CVS at Sourceforge?