From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-29 11:24:20

I recently started looking at what changes in my libraries may not
have made it into the trunk from 1.34.1. The easiest way was to go to
my boost-trunk working copy and

  svn merge https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/merged_to_1_34_0/boost https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/Version_1_34_1/boost

What I saw in libraries that weren't my own gave me pause for concern.
There are a large number of files with a 'C' or an 'M' next to them.
Neither is *necessarily* an indication of a problem, but 'M' (meaning
"merged") especially is *likely* to indicate unmerged changes, and 'C'
(meaning "conflict") may also indicate unmerged changes. I went and
inspected a few of those files and the ones I looked at all seemed
suspicious to me.

I strongly suggest that all other Boost authors do the command above
and inspect "merged (M)," "conflict (C)," and "added (A)" files that
they may have touched during the 1.34.x release cycle, or we may find
that we've dropped important improvements. One place you should
especially check is in your test/ directories, to make sure that you
haven't unintentionally dropped any tests between then and now. If
your testing is complete and you make sure nothing is dropped, in
theory, dropped features and bugfixes won't be able to hide. But
there are also documentation changes, so I wouldn't take anything for
granted ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting