From: Marco (mrcekets_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-31 14:09:03

A new release of boost overload is out.
You can find it under overload-mrcec in boost vault.
Link: http://tinyurl.com/2w4wob

I remind you that boost overload is a thin wrapper around a set
of boost::function objects, and behaves as an overloaded
boost::function.

You can read more about boost overload here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhd386mp_16gxsfxn
The documentation was kindly written down by Dean Michael Berris.

Moreover you can give a look at a tutorial updated to the
latest release of the library here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfxvjncs_1x6456m

what's new in version 0.3.0 (overload-0.3.0.zip)

- added partial support for MSVC 7.1, all work but signature
   deduction of multi-signature function objects, you have to use
   the signature based syntax in order to set multi-signature
   function objects as callable targets;

- you can set a free function overload or a member function
   overload as callable target through the signature based syntax;
   for more info give a look to the tuturial;
   the same applies to template free functions and template member
   functions;

- added two new helper methods
   - the empty_all method that tell us if all callable targets are
     empty;
   - the clear_all method that clears all the callable targets;

- in the folder libs/overload/example you can find all the
   examples presented in the tutorial;

- fixed some minor issue.

Compiler support table
======================

compiler OS test
gcc 4.1.2 under Linux pass
intel 9.1 under Linux pass
mingw 3.4.2 under Windows pass
mingw 3.2.3 under Windows fail
MS VC++ 8.0 under Windows pass
MS VC++ 7.1 under Windows partial

Boost community suggestions and critiques about interface,
implementation and documentation are welcome.

Above all I'd appreciate anyone pointing out bugs,
compatibility issues, and library use cases.

Regards,
Marco Cecchetti