From: Johan Torp (johan.torp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 04:00:07

Has there been any attempts to provide some compiler compliance test suites
from the boost community?

I'm thinking of a minimal test suite without any compiler workarounds which
tests a compilers C++ compliance. If the compiler compiles and run the suit
cleanly they could get a C++/boost compliance award/certification/whatever.

This could help and encourage compiler vendors to become compliant. It might
not be boost's primary objective but in the end, it might help reduce the
number of compiler specific defects we have to deal with.

It might also be useful to library developers; "If compiler X doesn't even
meet compliance suit #3 we won't bother supporting it".

Best Regards, Johan Torp