From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 06:23:04

Doug Gregor skrev:
> On Oct 30, 2007, at 6:22 PM, Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
>> Is there any good reason that boost::reference_wrapper() does not
>> provide a forwarding operator()(), so that we may use it to pass
>> function objects by reference to algorithms?
>
> The only reason is laziness. I hacked up a partial implementation in
> the sandbox, but I never finished it.

Are you using the preprocessor to generate the overloads?

One could probably manually provide up to four arguments ... I assume
this is more than enough, since the main use-case would be when passing
a function object to an algorithm, in which case the mojaority of cases
would be 1 or 2 arguments.

-Thorsten