From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 09:41:28

"Phil Endecott" <spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Howard Hinnant wrote:
>> Actually thread cancellation is old. Many (not all) thread API's
>> have some form or another of cancellation. That being said, the
>> compromise reached at the Kona meeting 4 weeks ago was to remove
>> cancellation (or interruption) from the proposal. This removal is
>> reflected in N2411.
>
> That's unfortunate. I'm a little confused about how completely
> removing it is a "compromise"!
>
> This is something that I need. Does anyone know of an alternative
> (POSIX-compatible) C++ thread library that offers cancellation? If not
> I may try to write on.

By "POSIX-compatible" do you mean "works with and uses pthread_cancel", or do
you mean something else? It's the interaction with pthread_cancel that caused
the biggest sticking point, as I understand things.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Just Software Solutions Ltd - http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk