From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-03 06:50:13

Maciej Sobczak wrote:
> I have troubles deciphering what the inspect tool really does.
>
> In particular, the test defined in link_check.cpp - does it check the
> URL links in *source* files?

I haven't verified this, but I think it does.

> Where can be such links located? In source comments presumably?

Yes, this is important for files containing doxygen documentation. I
suppose it's also possible that a program could output a URL when run -
so it might be in a string. There's also quickbook and restructured text
files to consider.

But links that don't end up in html files should also be checked -
people read the source.

Daniel