From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-03 08:47:29

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 10:14:11PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
> http://boost.org/more/bugs.htm still says that the preferred way to
> report bugs is to send an email message. Do we really mean that?
> It's way more reliable to open a Trac ticket. Is there any reason not
> to change the "preferred" approach?

I would strongly prefer to combine both. Using a web interface is a very
slow process, sometimes you even loss your text, you don't have access
to your preferred editor such as vim, ...

Why not add an email interface similar as Debian does (www.debian.org/Bugs)
which creates a bug report in trac using some special header strings
such as library:, version:, ...

Not sure whether such an interface exists but using a webinterface
is really one step back.

Jens