From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 12:47:06

on Sun Nov 04 2007, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:

>> I'd much rather have issues go directly into Trac and get closed
>> quickly than that they get lost.
>
> Sometimes I get an email when a Trac bug report is for one of my
> libraries, sometimes I don't. I'm not sure if that's a problem with Trac
> or with an over aggressive spam filter at my email provider.

If the bug's component field is not set to a library for which you're
listed as the owner, you won't get email.

> Not sure what the best policy is. Trac seems best for those who
> don't follow the list closely.

And most of our *users* don't. Those of us who are active
contributors know how to get stuff done. People who run into the
recommendation about how to report bugs are most likely not subscribed
to boost-devel, and asking them to subscribe just makes it harder for
us to find out when something goes wrong.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting