From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 16:27:16

K. Noel Belcourt:

> On Nov 5, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:
>
>>> shared_ptr_delete_fail: sun-5.9
>>
>> This is a negative test for "delete sp;" where sp is a shared_ptr.
>> I see no
>> markup for it for a previous Sun C++; any ideas? Is this a compiler
>> regression? Or something to do with the countless unspecified bool
>> workarounds?
>
> It looks like there's a markup for sun-5.8.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/24ke3u

There is, but it's not relevant. The problem apparently is that while Sun
5.9 (and possibly 5.8 as well) can handle the "conforming" unspecified bool,
it does incorrectly compile 'delete sp' because of the conversion since it
can 'delete' a pointer to member for some reason. There is a 1.34 workaround
in place for Sun 5.8 and below that makes it use "operator bool" instead,
but it leads to another failure, shared_ptr_compare_fail.

If you have time to check whether the third "unspecified bool" path that is
chosen for old versions of Metrowerks and g++ (see shared_ptr.hpp:406) works
for Sun 5.9 (and maybe 5.8 as well), we'll switch to that.