From: Darren Garvey (darren.garvey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 18:27:47

Hi all,

I've not seen any mention of library support for the new MSVC (ie. 9.0).
It's at beta2 stage and available for free(ish) download, so is there any
intention to support it for this release?

Being so spoilt with cross-platform code, all I can offer is the simple
patch for <boost/config/autolink.hpp> and for
<boost/config/compiler/visualc.hpp> that set the version name and number.
Even with the compiler in beta, these seem completely benign.

I tried to attach the config test output (which may be of less use at this
stage), but the mail was rejected ("No reason given"); perhaps the
attachments made the mail too long?

The tiny patches assume VC 8 refers to the compiler with and without the
service packs, which I believe there were two of. I never did see a
resolution to the thread about differentiating between these:

Cheers,
Darren