From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-05 21:03:03

I just tried to merge a bunch of changes from trunk into a branch, and
got this:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MERGE request failed on '/svn/boost/branches/proto/v3'
svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output:
File names with > 31 characters:

/branches/proto/v3/libs/graph/test/planar_input_graphs/planar_K_4_expansion_10_p6.dimacs

... and a bunch more files like it. So, really? I can't merge *any*
changes from trunk because some files are rejected by the pre-commit
hook? That's a bit extreme. It's nice to enforce our file name
requirements, but please let me do my work.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting