From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-06 22:39:26

Beman Dawes wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:

>>> be a sign of libraries with 1.34.0 or 1.34.1 fixes that were never
>>> merged back into the trunk. So if your library has failures on this
>>> report due to merge problems, that may be a sign that you need to look
>>> for other changes not merged back into the trunk.
>>>
>>> Five libraries account for 1,389 problems:
>>>
>>> fusion 300
>>> math 247
>>> mpl 417
>>> regex 185
>>> type_traits 240
>>> ------
>>> 1389
>>>
>>> I'd like to see these cleared quickly so that the size of the task
>>> doesn't seem so hopeless.
>> Done for MPL (I hope).
>
> Wow! Between the mpl and fusion fixes the problem count has dropped from
> 2095 to 1387.
>
> It looks like mpl missed 5 problems in 3 files and fusion missed 4
> problems in 2 files.
>
> Thanks for the quick action,

Just looking over the report, it seems like a big chunk of these are
Copyright/License issues in what are likely generated html files:

  - libs/bimap/doc/html
  - libs/function_types/doc/html
  - libs/math/doc/gcd/html/
  - libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html
  - tools/quickbook/doc/html
  - libs/regex/doc/html
  - libs/type_traits/doc/html

that are checked in. So, I guess the question is, is there a way for the
Copyright/License to be put into the generated files by boost book? Might not
be easy, and I'm thinking we might have gone thru this in 1.34.

Overall though, this report looks remarkably good...I'm certain 1.34 didn't
get to zero. Anyway, it's easy to fix the .xml and .qbk files which is a big
chunk of the non-generated html files being flagged.

Jeff