From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-07 04:56:46

Diego Yanivello wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm trying to compile the boost library for regular expressions
> (regex) on Windows XP using the Intel 9.1 compiler.
> So far, I have not found a make file for doing that. I tried with the
> "generic.mak" included within the boost distribution, but it seems
> not to work with Intel's compiler, as some options (like output file
> -o) are different for Intel's (/Fo in this case). So I started
> writing a .mak file by my own, and I'm getting some linking errors.
> I wonder if any of you tried compiling boost with Intel. I think it
> is a very common requirement, and I'm sure someone else did it... I
> just can't find it on the inet.

The easiest way is to do it with bjam:

First edit user-config.jam to point to the location of your Intel compiler
installation, mine has for example:

using intel-win : 10.0 : "c:/program
files/intel/compiler/c++/10.0.025/ia32/bin/icl.exe" ;

Then cd into the root directory of Boost and invoke:

bjam --with-regex intel stage

and the built libraries will be copied to ./dist/lib

HTH, John.

PS, if you want to go down the makefile route: use the vc8 makefile as a
basis, and replace "cl" with "icl". You may need to change the mangled name
of the libraries as well for auto-linking to work, but you should be able to
figure it out :-)