From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-07 12:36:09

The Math library has a few files not under the Boost Licence:

boost/math/common_factor_rt.hpp: *L*

Has an SGI style licence left over from previous Boost versions, this is a
long standing problem as I've never had a reply from the author about
changing this :-(

libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/svgmath.xml: *C*, *L*
libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/xep.xml: *C*, *L*

These two files are examples of configuration files required to build the
PDF documentation (respectively SVGMath generates SVG graphics from MathML
and XEP is the FO processor we've been using - it needs to embed some fonts
in order to correctly display the equations). These files are not and can
never be under the Boost licence. Originally I was going to embed them in
the docs ("if you edit these files edit them like this" etc...), but
correctly escaping XML inside quickbook proved rather troublesome :-(

Any ideas? We need to formulate some kind of policy for these kinds of
ancillary files I guess.

Thanks, John.