From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-09 16:16:59

Hello all,

I am getting close to having the Dataflow library ready to be
submitted for review, and would like to respark some interest. The
current version of the library offers a generic layer for dataflow
programming that can be applied to various data transport mechanisms,
and a Dataflow.Signals support layer for Boost.Signals that provides a
number of general-purpose components and easy connectability.

In the near future I will try to put together more real-world examples
of how this library can be useful, but for now the docs have two
possibly interesting examples:

 * an example of how to provide a support layer for another mechanism,
with VTK as the victim.
 * an example of how to use the Dataflow.Signals layer with Boost.Asio
and Boost.Serialization to make a distributed dataflow network.

The docs are uploaded to:
http://dancinghacker.com/code/dataflow/

Code is available from the boost sandbox (SOC/2007/signals), as well
as the boost vault (Dataflow directory).

All tests (with 1 exception) pass on GCC 4.0.1/darwin and MSVC8.

The docs (and the library to some extent) still need work, but I hope
what's out there is good enough to paint a picture of what this
library is about and how it might be useful. All feedback is welcome!

I will next work on an example that uses Boost.GIL to construct an
image processing dataflow network.

Best regards,

Stjepan