From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-13 11:02:21

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Starting right about the time of the revision 41056 threads changes, the
>> Windows smoke tests started to pop up dialog boxes (rather than just
>> failing quietly) for various threads problems. bjam had not been
>> recompiled, and there was nothing else running on the machine at the time.
>>
>> Is this a threads problem, or did something go haywire on my machine?
>
> That sounds bad. That change shouldn't create any new problems --- it was
> primarily just tidying up existing code. What were the error messages about?
> Which compiler?

VC++ 8.0 SP1.

For example, test_thread.exe puts up an Application Error dialog "The
instruction at blah referenced memory at blatch. The memory could not be
read."

Hum... It isn't threads tests, but Interprocess tests like mutex_test too.

It acts as if Boost.Test is no longer catching exceptions. Yet it
doesn't look like Boost.Test has changed recently.

Confused,

--Beman