From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-13 11:18:12

On Nov 13, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Anthony Williams wrote:

> One principle behind the new lock templates is that it should be easy
> to incorporate new mutex and lock types, and they will still work
> with the
> existing facilities (e.g. condition_variable_any).

<nod> This is the reason I'm interested in Preston's work. I see it
as a test of the N2447 (http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2447.htm
) interface. I've been perusing interruptable_mutex.h this morning
and noting that a lot of the complication is in dealing with the older
boost::mutex interface (lock_ops and all that). I'd be very
interested in seeing this recast to the newer interface, just for the
purpose of testing the new interface.

-Howard