From: Henrik Sundberg (storangen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-13 15:50:17

2007/11/13, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
> Starting right about the time of the revision 41056 threads changes, the
> Windows smoke tests started to pop up dialog boxes (rather than just
> failing quietly) for various threads problems. bjam had not been
> recompiled, and there was nothing else running on the machine at the time.
>
> Is this a threads problem, or did something go haywire on my machine?

The error handling is changed in VC8, see: http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=75

When we started using VC8 SP1, we had to add a background process
looking for error dialogs and automatically closing them (otherwise
the failing processes just hangs, and our redundancy mechanisms could
not do a ting).

The change in VS SP1 was really bad for us.

/$