From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-14 10:32:48

Drew Hohmann wrote:
> I am saving multiple classes which contain STL collections, and in turn
> those STL collections contain classes that contain more STL collections.
> A sample XML file follows.
>
> The problem occurs when I try and move the XML file into a database, and
> I receive the error "The table (item) cannot be the child table to
> itself in nested relations."

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Is the generated XML file
well-formed ? Is it valid, according to whatever document-type
definition might exist ?

It sounds as if your database imposes additional constraints (unrelated
to XML), that are not met by the XML-generation of boost.serialization.

If that's the case, may be you can post-process the XML by renaming
certain nodes (using an XSLT transformation, say) ?

Regards,
                Stefan