From: Cliff Green (cliffg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-17 12:33:27

>> I googled "httpd" and "C++ socket" ...
>I suggest that you turn to asio http://asio.sourceforge.net/ ...

Anounced just over a week ago was a beta release of Pion, an HTTP library
built on top of ASIO:

>From Mike Dickey:

I'm pleased to announce the 0.4.0 ("stable" beta) release of the Pion
Network Library ("pion-net"). pion-net is a C++ development library
for implementing lightweight HTTP interfaces. pion-net is open source
software licensed under the Boost Software License, which allows
anyone to use it for free in both commercial and non-commercial
applications.

pion-net uses the Boost and ASIO libraries to provide a web service
plug-in framework for handling HTTP requests. Although it is more
geared towards server-side applications, the latest release includes
client-side capabilities as well (for sending requests and receiving
1.0/1.1, pipelining, chunked encodings, query and cookie parsing is
all included. Currently, five development platforms are supported.

For more information, please see http://www.atomiclabs.com/pion/net/.

---
I'll let Mike add additional details as needed. I haven't used Pion, just
briefly glanced through the documentation so far.
Cliff