From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-18 13:55:49

Hi Corrado,

>> I solved differently, by writing an adapter around in_place_factory
>> (that
>> can be found attached).

Which is along the lines of what I was thinking.

Having "out_of_place" inherit from "in_place" is still odd IMO, so I prefer
having a common "typed_factory_base" holding the parameters list from which
the two versions derive (these dervied class just define the apply()).

Furthermore, this is off the top of my head, but I was thinking when I first
responded you that the parameter list could be stored within an aggregated
struct to make it easier to convert one kind of factory into another.

Best

Fernando