From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-18 15:29:16

Boost.range has a pile of work-arounds that made it "work" on old
compilers that don't do partial template specialization. Nobody is
testing those compilers anymore, so it's not surprising that those
work-arounds are now broken. To wit, the following program:

   #include <boost/range/iterator_range.hpp>

   int main()
   {}

fails to compile on VC6. If nobody is interested in these old compilers,
fine. But it seems odd to be shipping work-around code that doesn't
work. Should all the PTS work-around code be removed? Or can it be
patched up without too much effort? I don't care either way, I just
don't want broken code to be shipped.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting