From: Christopher Cambly (ccambly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-20 10:42:42

> > "Gaurav Jain-SJR" <Gaurav.Jain <at> iflexsolutions.com> wrote on
> 11/19/2007
>

> Thanks a lot this solved my problem. I am also facing another problem
> while building boost. If I build it with the following command :
>

> $bjam --v2 install toolset=vacpp --prefix=$HOME/1_34_0/32
> --builddir=$HOME/tmp variant=release runtime-link=static,shared
> threading=single,multi --without-python Jamfile.v2
>

> vacpp.compile.c++
> bin.v2/libs/wave/build/vacpp/release/link-static/runtime-link-static
>
> /instantiate_cpp_grammar.o
>

> Build seems to me hanging after this. Though I am not facing a same
> problem if I specify the every target library to be built with bjam
> command.

Frequently this type of problem is as a result of bjam's memory usage, try
"export LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x80000000" in your environment. This should
make the problem go away if the issue you are having is indeed related to
bjams memory use.

And yes, I know it looks strange but the environment variable is typed
correctly... just in case you were going to ask :-)

Chris Cambly
XL C++ Compiler Development