From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-20 13:36:09

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:24:42 +0000, nisha kannookadan wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> Im a quite new boost user and I wonder, why C++ Program is so slow.
>
> I wrote a program, and I have the same program in Matlab, I expected
> that my C++ version is much faster, but its not.
>
> I use matrices, vectors, matrix- and vector proxies. Do some solving and
> compute calculations with prod, element_div, etc..
>
> Is boost in general slower than matlab, should I use something else?
>
> Id be real happy about any help.

Matlab uses some highly optimized matrix operations libraries (BLAS/
LAPACK for example.) I assume you use Boost uBLAS which is quite a good
library but it has nowhere near the amount of investment put into it as
does Matlab.

That being said, you should post the code. You might be doing something
silly like copying vectors in a loop.

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com