From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-23 09:59:51

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>> The link now shows boost::thread_resource_error as a thrown
>> exception. I am afraid I would have problems figuring this out even
>> if it was boost.test exception. I need an access to the platform to
>> debug it. The only thing I can tell immediately is that system_error is
>> caught by
>> execution_monitor itself (see line ~ execution_monitor.ipp:1110). So
>> it should be some strange combination of events to produce
>> system_error from execution monitor invocation
>
> Yep, these exceptions seem to be comming and going, which is rather
> frustrating to say the least. Currently this one:
> http://tinyurl.com/3xx3o7
> is showing:

I don't believe it have something to do with Boost.Test per say.

> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::system_error'
>
> EXIT STATUS: 134
>
> So the exception is raised even before cpp_main is entered and before
> execution monitor's own try...catch blocks are entered I assume?

Yes.

Here are all the places where syste error may've come from:

execution_monitor.ipp(532): BOOST_TEST_SYS_ASSERT( ::sigaction( m_sig ,
sigaction_ptr(), &m_new_action ) != -1 );
execution_monitor.ipp(542): BOOST_TEST_SYS_ASSERT( sigemptyset(
&m_new_action.sa_mask ) != -1 );
execution_monitor.ipp(549): BOOST_TEST_SYS_ASSERT( ::sigaction( m_sig,
&m_new_action, &m_old_action ) != -1 );
execution_monitor.ipp(642): BOOST_TEST_SYS_ASSERT( ::sigaltstack( 0,
&sigstk ) != -1 );
execution_monitor.ipp(648): BOOST_TEST_SYS_ASSERT(
::sigaltstack( &sigstk, 0 ) != -1 );
execution_monitor.ipp(667): BOOST_TEST_SYS_ASSERT( ::sigaltstack(
&sigstk, 0 ) != -1 );
execution_monitor.ipp(696): BOOST_TEST_SYS_ASSERT( ::signal( sig,
SIG_DFL ) != SIG_ERR );

What you can do is to try catch the exception in your code and report it
yourself. This may at least show some information. I guess I should also
include failed expression text. It's not there yet.

Gennadiy