From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-26 08:24:37

The merge into branches/release "from" point was the 1.34.1 release. The
"to" point was the trunk at revision 41356.

This is very similar to a traditional *branch* for release. The
effective difference is that a library can be easily reverted to 1.34.1.

Hopefully, no libraries will have to be reverted. But we will do just
that for any libraries not ready in the next ten days. The Unresolved
Issues reports should now be reflecting the high-priority platforms the
release managers will be using to make that determination.

I'd like developers to hold off merging any changes since 41356 into
branches/release until Friday. I'm going to be traveling until then and
would like to be available for discussion as we open branches/release up
for developer merging.

Thanks,

--Beman

PS: The Windows smoke tests will be offline until late Thursday.