From: John Torjo (john.groups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-12 07:45:12
I'm happy to announce that The Boost.Functional/Forward library has been
accepted into Boost. Congrats to Tobias for a great lib!
5 reviews, all positive.
Suggestions for improvement:
- Automatically detect if the compiler supports variadic templates and
rvalue references and use those instead. This can be a useful
portability utility when such compilers become more common.
- It should use compressed_pair to store the wrapped function object to
take advantage of EBO.
- more tweakable parameters for specific uses - like, arity 3 for
and arity 5 for function Y
- Docs: add more material explaining the forwarding problem
- Docs: should be explicitly specified that the wrapped function
object must be result_of compatible
- Docs: A discussion of the impact of the library on compile time
with high values of N)
-- http://John.Torjo.com -- C++ expert ... call me only if you want things done right
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk