From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-19 13:23:06

On 11/14/07 11:57, Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I request that the Candidate Boost Flyweight Library be accepted into
> the review queue. The latest public version of the library is described at

Joaquin,

I've only briefly looked at:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/flyweight/libs/flyweight/doc/reference/flyweight.html#flyweight

after being prompted by the post:

containing:

However it sounds like something that's probably implemented by (or at
least easily implementable with) Joaquin M. Lopez' Flyweight library.

However, I was a little worried that flyweight.html#flyweight contains:

   flyweight([const] T0& t0,[const] T1& t1);
   template<typename T0,...,typename Tn-1>
   flyweight([const] T0& t0,...,[const] Tn-1& tn-1);

which looks like maybe there's some 'implementation overlap' between
flyweight and the just approved functional/forward lib. I say
'implementation overlap' because it seem that both flyweight and
forward must use some sort of BOOST_PREPROCESSOR macro's to generate
the overloaded call arglist. If so, then it would be nice
(for those trying to understand the implementation) if the
forward and flyweight could reuse some common subset of
these BOOST_PREPROCESSOR macros. IOW, I'm suggesting that
the macros be refactored into some common library (probably
the functional/forward library since that's essentially what's
happening).

Of course this suggestion is just based, as I said, on a brief
look at your docs and maybe my jumping to a wrong conclusion.

-regards,
Larry