From: John Torjo (john.groups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-20 05:19:06
There are only 2 days left from the formal Fast-Track review of the Boost.Functional/Factory library.
We've had just one review, and we need more.
If you are interested in the library (you should be :)), please take some time to review it. This
is the info you need to do a review on:
Factories are callback mechanisms for constructors, so we provide two
function objects, boost::value_factory and boost::factory, that
encasulate object construction through direct application of the
constructor or operator new, respectively. These templates make other
facilities that operate on function objects (such as standard
algorithms, Boost.Bind, Boost.Function, or Fusion functional adapters)
applicable to constructors.
Get it from here:
Read documentation online here:
What to include in Review Comments
Your comments may be brief or lengthy, but basically the Review Manager
needs your evaluation of the library. If you identify problems along
the way, please note if they are minor, serious, or showstoppers.
Here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
* What is your evaluation of the design?
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
* What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
* Did you try to use the library? With what compiler?
Did you have any problems?
* How much effort did you put into your evaluation?
A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?
* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments
don't obscure your overall opinion.
- Review Manager -
-- http://John.Torjo.com -- C++ expert ... call me only if you want things done right
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk