From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-22 11:03:38

Can someone explain what the issue is in converting an integer type to a
boost::interval, and in performing mixed integer/floating point arithmetic
and comparisons?

Is it simply that the integer types may have more bits in their
representation than floating point ones, and we may therefore loose
precision?

If so, can we not convert integers to intervals implicitly, complete with
calculation of the error? That would auto-magically make mixed
integer/floating point arithmetic work as well.

And yes, I'm prepared to invest some time to make this work and do the right
thing, if time is the only stumbling block :-)

Thanks, John.