From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-02 14:12:22

First of all, I would recommend that everyone who uses the library
invoke the library_test script (sh or bat) which uses bjam testing
to test that the library passes all the tests on their platform. Boost
can't test all variations of all platforms. For example, you might locally
use MS VC with wchar implemented as short integers. So you
should test any library with your local settings.

To test your own serialization types, Look at the tests in the
test directory of the serialization library and just add your
tests for your own types. This will test your types with
all the boost provide archives.

This may well be all you need. xml_archives include "free"
verification taht the </end> tag for each object is found
where it should be - thus catching more load/save
mismatches.

Robert Ramey