From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-04 08:40:57

Are you certain that mixing floating-point types and integral types is
desirable?

floating-point types are, of course, approximations unlike integer types. It
is dangerous to mix the two, and the approach to do so should not be allowed
even by a policy. Mixing floating point types with integer types implicitly
is a poor software engineering practice without merit in my humble opinion.

Implicit type conversion has been a frequently regretted design decision in
my experience despite the initial syntactic appeal.

Neil Groves