From: Maurizio Vitale (maurizio.vitale_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-04 13:54:48

On Jan 4, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> Would you (and any other Boost developers who want to comment) be more
> inclined to test regularly with the Intel compiler and report bugs to
> them if we could get you a license?

Intel offers free licenses for non-commercial use of their C++
compiler (at least the Linux version).
Details at:

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219771.htm

a FAQ list defining non-commercial is at:

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219692.htm

IANAL, but my reading is that this wouldn't cover people at Boost
Consulting
as they (hopefully) get compensated for services related to Boost,
but most of
everybody else should be ok.

But it would be worthwhile to have a chat with the Intel folks, and
see if they're
willing to make an exception for them as well. A few free licenses to
the right
people would benefit Intel, both in terms of bug reports and
workarounds for
making Boost compile cleanly under the Intel C++ compiler.

Regards,

        Maurizio