From: Amit (contact.lipik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-04 16:53:02

Beman Dawes <bdawes <at> acm.org> writes:

> Let's go with the <define>_SECURE_SCL=0 approach, at least for now. I'll
> change the toolset, or get someone else to do it if I can't figure out how.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Beman
Hi,

I have been following this with interest since I've faced problems trying to
build CVS trunk as well as 1.34.1 with Intel 10.1.013 on Win32, VC71 STL.

While my STL is thankfully pre-_SECURE_SCL, turning it off would appear to be
the best course since it has performance implications as well. Only thing is
that it is not possible to mix libraries with mismatched values for this flag,
so the user has to explicitly set this in their programs as well (because
default is on) - thus it would probably be better to include the #define in
config.hpp, if Dinkum libraries are used with non-msvc toolset.

Whilst this is being looked at, can you please investigate why bjam does not
build *-iw-gd-mt-1_3[45].libs (i.e. using debug multi-threaded runtime) for any
of the targets, with Intel 10? And it does not pass on the compiler options
passed with cxxflags (like /QxO, /Ow etc). I gave up on bjam yesterday and built
regex, system, etc in the IDE.

Ta
Amit