From: Jonathan Turkanis (turkanis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-06 16:42:38

Frank Birbacher wrote:

Thanks for bringing up this issue (and for all your other work).

I have renamed the test stream_state_test.cpp (since all of the tests
check for errors in one way or another). It's clear that this test fails
on a variety of standard libraries, so I have commented it out until I
determine whether

   1. The standard requires that it pass
   2. If so, whether there is anything Boost.Iostreams can do about it
   3. If not, whether it can be modified so that
      a. the standard requires it to pass
      b. it fails with some standard libraries, and
      c. Boost.Iostreams can provide workarounds

Let me know if you have reached any conclusions since you posted your
original messages.

--
Jonathan Turkanis
CodeRage