From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-08 01:53:40

frederic.bron_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Ok, this explains why your library is so usefull (thank you). My concern is that I have lots of tests that I would like to run on different machines/systems and the easiest way to check the results is
> to compare output text files with reference text files. This is not possible because Windows writes 1.0e+003 and linux 1.0e+03! I think this is something missing in the standard that would really
> help.

If having exactly the same formatting of floating point numbers on different
platforms is important to you, then you can fix that by deriving your own facet
class from std::num_put.
If it is only for testing purposes, then you can probably do without many of the bells
in whistles in the standard implementation.
It should not be too much work.

Good luck.

--Johan