From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-09 13:56:50

Hi Anthony

>> So my question is: Why does including thread.hpp require linking against
>> the
>> date_time library? It seems that it is not needed at all?
>
> The new trunk/release version of boost.thread has replaced uses of the
> private
> xtime type with uses of the date_time library in the functions that take
> timeouts: sleep, timed_lock, timed_wait, etc.

Ok, but then I'd only need to link against the date_time library if I
actually use these functions, correct? Autolink currently forces me to link
against date_time even with the following program:

#define BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK
#include <boost/thread/thread.hpp>
#include <iostream>

static void ThreadFunction()
{
  std::cout << "Hello from a boost thread" << std::endl;
}

int main()
{
  boost::thread(&::ThreadFunction).join();
  return 0;
}

Cheers,

Andreas