From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-09 16:26:48

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 12:40:00PM -0800, Eric Niebler wrote:
> I can't "svn up" trunk:

What is the revision of your working copy?

> $ svn up
> svn: Can't convert string from native encoding to 'UTF-8':
> svn: ?\255K?\197?\221DO?\209

It works for me on Linux. The error message is probably wrong. Isn't it
possible to convert each string encoded in a special encoding into
UTF-8?

Maybe try it in another locale if possible (LANG=C on POSIX, i.e. use a
different default encoding such as latin1)?

> I'm using svn from Cygwin on a Vista machine. Anybody else seeing this?
> What's going on?

I know that some files created on Linux could not be extracted in
Windows (such as aux.c, ...). But the error message is different ...

Don't know what's going on.

Jens