From: Benoit Sigoure (tsuna_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 03:31:44

Hi guys,
let me just make this clear before we start: Hubert's fix (adding a
`init_unit_test_suite' that returns NULL) works. That is, it enable
me to link against Boost.Test < 1.34.

On Jan 11, 2008, at 8:00 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> Jens Seidel <jensseidel <at> users.sf.net> writes:
>> So Benoit tries to find an easy way to test a system whether
>> Boost.Test
>> is available.
>
> This is quite open ended question. What specifically are you trying
> to detect?
>
> Presence of Boost.Test headers?
> Presence of prebuild Boost.Test libraries (static and/or dynamic)?
> Presence od single header variant of Boost.Test?
> Presence of Unit test framework or program execution monitor or
> just an
> execution monitor.
> Support for specific feature in Boost.Test

I want the smallest code that compiles and links against the greatest
number of versions of Boost.Test. This test case should use the most
common headers of this library and must use symbols from the library
so that the resulting object file cannot be linked without having the
correct -lflag. I want this test to work with as many flavors/
combinations/versions of Boost.Test as possible.

Would it be possible for you to give me the smallest dumb code that
exercises the most basic feature of Boost.Test + compilation and
linkage against Boost.Test?

Cheers,

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory