From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-12 19:22:26

Joel de Guzman wrote:

> Oh, perhaps I'd like to ask a review extension. If Steven can
> reply to my concerns and is willing to address them, I might
> still change my vote to a yes. I really need this facility now!
> Bottom line: more discussion please! This is a small library,
> yet it is (to me) very important. Let's get the design correct.

For the record, I am changing my vote to "yes". I'm quite happy
with the response to my concerns. I am very confident Steven
will produce an amazing library from the very constructive
discussions so far. I'm obviously very adamant in my posts,
the reason being that I really need such a library now but I
have certain use-cases that I need to be handled by the library,
*now*, and not later in another lifetime. I can't wait for
another review or another library to come along that's closer
to my needs. I believe the switch_ library can, with additional
thought and design, handle my needs.

I also urge Steven to pursue the dynamic_switch idea I posted
which employs perfect hashing at compile time whereby allowing
equivalent or faster than a switch dispatch at runtime where
the cases are dynamic (instead of compile time constants).

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com