From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-14 10:32:11

Beman Dawes wrote:
> I don't want to add any more platforms to 1.35.0. Every such change, no
> matter how small it seems, adds to the delay. We need to finish 1.35.0
> and start working on the next release.

I understand the concern and this is why I'm proposing platforms which,
based on test results, are ready for 1.35.

Please, take into account the fact that some customers would not use
Boost unless platform is tested and is listed as supported in a
particular Boost release. Such customers would have to wait until
"next release", whatever it means, which is unfortunate.

I urge you to reconsider your decision. We can add the two platforms in
question conditionally: run full tests against release branch and if the
results are not as good as that on trunk, I'll remove zip archive(s) from
the 1.35 ftp repository and it will be the end of the story.

Thanks,
  Boris