From: dan marsden (danmarsden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-15 16:48:58

Eric Niebler wrote: >dan marsden wrote: >> Hartmut Kaiser wrote: >>> Is the used concept extensible in a way allowing for _structural_ >>> changes of the traversed data structure? This would make it usable >>> for tree transformations, which would be especially interesting if >>> used with Spirit.Qi (parsing) and Spirit.Karma (generation). ><snip> >> As for arbitrary transforms from type A to type B, this is probably >> the biggest open question for the library (IMO). > >This is the sort of thing that Proto's tree transformations handle >naturally, but Proto transforms only work when the tree nodes can be >differentiated at compile time. Perhaps there is some synergy between >these two libraries. > >I'm working on the documentation for Proto's new tree transformation >framework right now. Dan, we should talk. Yes, from what I understand of Proto, it is basically providing case analysis on the parse trees for expression template expressions. Its also nicely composable, it's that sort of case analysis type structure that I had in mind. I'd be glad to discuss whether possibly synergies between the 2 approaches. Cheers Dan __________________________________________________________ Sent from Yahoo! Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail.yahoo.com