From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-18 09:10:15

Like Marcus, I've also looked briefly at the docs and followed some of the discussion.

I sense that singletons do have uses, despite some intemperate 'fundamentalist religious' objections. And I think a Boost singleton
must be a Good Idea, even if not to everyones taste - they don't have to use it.

I accept that there are at least two concepts which are presented together, but I can see why - using singletons means you probably
also want value initialisation.

So I conclude Marcus's suggestion has merit.

I sense it would be a Bad Idea to throw the whole proposal out.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]