From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-20 09:45:35

Sun supplies both POSIX and non-POSIX versions of readdir_r, according
to http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-2243/readdir-3c?a=view. The
compliant version is selected by defining _POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS.

So it looks to me that the fix for ticket #1578 (which is reporting the
bug that results when the non-POSIX version is used) is to define
_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS at the beginning of
boost-root/libs/filesystem/src/operations.cpp. This will cause the POSIX
version to be used.

I don't have access to a Sun system so can't test that. There is also a
small chance that the same macro is used on some other platform in a
conflicting way.

I'd appreciate it if someone with access to a Sun system could test this
(using the program given in the #1578). If I don't hear anything in a
day or so, I'll go ahead and make the change to the trunk.

Thanks,

--Beman