From: Chad Walters (chad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-21 11:13:13

I just noticed this announcement on the Boost home page:

December 19, 2007 - Critical Bug in Function Library

    * Boost.Function in Boost 1.34.x has a bug that affects the construction
of Boost.Function objects in a multi-threaded context. The problem has been
fixed in the Boost trunk and for the upcoming Boost 1.35.x. To patch your
Boost 1.34.x, copy the files function_base.hpp and function_template.hpp
into the Boost directory boost/function.

Two questions come to mind, one technical and the other procedural:

1. What other Boost libraries make use of Boost.Function in a way that might
tickle this particular bug? I'd like to understand if we are being affected
by this in any way and while we aren't using Boost.Function directly,
perhaps we are using it indirectly. More generally, is there a good way to
understand which Boost libraries are dependent on which other libraries?

2. I can't seem to find any mention of this on the user, devel, or announce
mailing lists. Is there some place besides the home page where things like
this get publicized? I guess I would have expected this to come through on
at least of one of those three lists.

Thanks for any insights.

Chad